Sunday, April 12, 2009

We Miss You Grampa!

My dad passed away July 11, 2001 and I can honestly say not a day goes by where I don't think of him or miss him. Whether I'm reminded of him by a funny country song, his signature pancakes, how genius he was with numbers or just what a down to earth, honest, hard-working, caring, self-less, lovable man he was. I don't know whether it's the hormones, but lately I've cried myself to sleep missing him thinking of how much he would absolutely love to hold, kiss and love on his grand kids.

I miss him so much these days. I look around at restaurants and see Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents with their families and wish that Jim's folks were a little younger or my mom lived closer. And since I'm wishing, I wish my dad were here to see his granddaughter. I know he would love her so much. I know he must be looking down from heaven, but it's just not the same without one of his hugs. So back to reality -- He will forever live on in my memory. He may have thought his prized pancakes with his secret bacon grease recipe were special, but it was his hugs and his infectious personality that should have been award-winning. He always knew how to make everyone smile and feel a little better. I love you Dad!

Here we are together when I was alittle older than Gabriel's age.

No comments:

Post a Comment