We watched Paul Goydos shoot a 59 yesterday and we asked Gabriel if he becomes a pro golfer to buy us a summer home. He asked "how much do you win, a $1,000?" We said "more like a million." Expecting shock and awe, instead he returned with... "and a trophy?"
Another day I took him clothes shopping with me at Ross. In the dressing room I asked him to tell me which pair of pants I was trying on looked the best? He said so sweetly, "You look beautiful Mommy. I like them." I told him that since Daddy wasn't there he needed to let me know which pair didn't make my butt look as fat. Thinking someone in the next stall is listening to me ask my son to look at my butt and that they could call DFCS he retorted with such a painfully honest answer .... "Well, in that case, both of them are out."
Jim says to me one day driving in my red Toyota Prius: "Why did you buy this car [if you aren't going to maximize the mileage out of it]?" Gabriel from the backseat: "Because it's shiny!"
No comments:
Post a Comment