I plan my own birthday every year, which enables me to get exactly what I want. It's brilliant, I think. I take off from work and off from "home". Normally I get a massage and it's my one time a year luxury, but this year I found a place right around the corner which gives discounts with insurance. With the discount in place, I was able to get a two hour massage at the same rate I was accustomed to paying for one hour. It was so relaxing and still went by so fast. I remember her saying, "Ok, Marcy, we're going to begin." And the next thing I know she is telling me we are done.

Then Jimmy and Gabriel took me to Farm Burger in Decatur to get a good cheeseburger. The day ended with a date with my honey to see a movie, "Eat. Pray. Love." with Julia Roberts. Mixed reviews, but still enjoyed an evening out and being taken on a journey to lands I'll probably never get to go. My birthday continued the following day to Tacqueria Del Sol for lunch...one of my favorite restaurants.
Gabriel turned six - and I can still hardly believe. I wanted to package up the five year old age and keep it my pocket forever. We celebrated with a MythBusters themed party. It's his favorite show so in honor of turning six, we conducted six science experiments with his friends. Of course, we had to do the Mentos and Diet Coke Geyser one and we made a bottle rocket shoot off. I think the kids enjoyed it, but afterward, I asked Gabriel what his favorite part of the party was .... the experiments, dancing, opening presents, or the ice cream? None of those. I was secretly hoping he would say, "It's your marvelous organization skills Mommy," but was taken back when he said, "Playing with my friends." Such a sweetie. Ok, I must remember this for next year....Less is More.....maybe just cake and friends and less hoopla? We'll see....six weeks before his party, I may not be able to resist the planning....it's chronic.
Here's his birthday song. He wanted just ice cream this year - no birthday cake!
Here he is performing his birthday breakdance routine with his friend Kevin:
No comments:
Post a Comment