Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 2010 - Block Party & Halloween

Wow - October blew by in a blink. I guess that's what happens when you are super busy at work, spend a week in Tampa caring for your Mom, organize a neighborhood block party and prep for Halloween.

But first I have an update on Jerry (my homeless friend)...who from what I hear on the street....is no longer. His family came and got him. I'm so thankful my prayers for him were answered, especially since the problem is so much bigger than me - God worked on the hearts of people who could truly help him. I'm so elated! Meanwhile, I met another man without a home who had his three year old son with him. Gabriel, Giselle and I took him some Chinese food, but since they don't want my assistance in the way of finding temporary shelter, I just keep some t-shirts, bottled water and $5 Subway gift cards on hand with me in the car. Everyone needs food and clothing - and water is a necessity so it's the least I can do. The t-shirts are new and donated to me by my marketing agency from old swag we did way back when - they were just sitting in the closet, so really they are brand new "old" shirts that hopefully will be worn someday.

I'm thrilled our first neighborhood block party turned out well. About 40 or so neighbors came, brought food and drinks and spend the afternoon just talking. How wonderful to finally get to know everyone.

Giselle is a little red, lobster and Gabriel is Super Mario - along with Sean - the two Mario Brothers. The neighbors came over to start out trick-or-treating from our home - it's all about the kids, costumes and candy!


No comments:

Post a Comment