Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mid-year Report

We are required to do 180 days of schooling which means we are upon the half-way point. I'll save the in-depth report for the end of school year when I'm supposed to write one, but just wanted to say how very proud I am of my son. His reading has clicked and can read chapter books now, willingly. His math is exceptional and has most of his multiplication tables memorized. The other day I asked him how many steps we had on our stairs. He counted 14. I said what if we had two sets of stairs side-by-side, how many stairs would we have. He said that's easy just add 14+14. I said yes, or you could just do 14x2. He says, oh yea, and without hesitating he said 28. Blew me away. We're learning geography with a fun website he can snap any country or state shape into place. He still loves science and conducting "tests" and is enjoying learning Ancient history (and so are we!). But the one thing I'm most happy about at the very moment is that he is finally drawing his "O's" in the correct direction (counter clock-wise). Ack, it's been killing me so one day I just had him do it over and over and over and over, quizzed him on it and then over and over again until it became second nature. Good reason to learn how to do it right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment