Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far

We miss our family very much and have more than 500 miles on either side of us keeping us apart (down South to Tampa or up North to Detroit). Fortunately I get to see them every day in my children. It's amazing how many people tell me that Gabriel looks like me and Giselle looks like Jimmy. It's true, but it doesn't stop there.

Giselle looks like a spitting image of her Grandpa Pett when she smiles. The crescent shape of her eyes match Ed Pett to a T. The long thin face must come from the Lachs....as it's certainly Jimmy's trait too. Her height I attribute to the Bullington's as all my aunts and cousins are tall, including my brother. I think my mom and me are the only stubby ones. Her pediatrician says she is off the charts in terms of length so I do hope she keeps the Bullington genes in this area. As for the Rodriguez side, she does use her hands a lot. She can't crawl around unless she has something in each hand. Usually something hard like a cup or a toy which makes noise on our knarly pink tile floors so she sounds like something out of a cheesy horror film, "click, clack, click, clack" around the house.

Gabriel's shape of his face is reminiscent of my mother's head. I know they have 60 years apart and are a different gender, but sometimes Jim and I look at him and say, "That's Grandma." He is hyperactive and sports-minded which we think he gets from the Rodriguez's. He's really into cooking so maybe he's another Helcia Pett. And this is too early to tell, but I've heard that baldness skips a generation. With Ed Pett looking like Alfred Hitchcock and Jim having a full head of brown curly hair, it's safe to say that he has inherited the Pett hair genes.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! And sometimes I wish the orchard was a little closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment